Welcome to Max Your Freedom! This is a personal finance blog with a travel and lifestyle twist…
If this is your first time at Max Your Freedom, I’m happy you found me!
Feel free to binge all my posts here.
If you prefer a more specific roadmap, check out my most popular posts/pages below:
- My top recommendations / Recommendations Page
- How I started this blog / Start Your Own Blog Page
- How much it cost me to start / This Blog Cost over $1,500 to build
- Max Your Freedom Philosophy / Introducing the Freedom Phase
- My thoughts on budgets & expenses / Keeping Expenses Under $20,000
- My thoughts on financial nest eggs / Can I Retire with $1,000,000
- My thoughts on net worth / Net Worth: It’s not the size that matters
- My thoughts on student loan debt / The Student Loan Curse
- Preparing for our first slow travel trip / Would you Spend $15,000 on a Vacation
- Contemplating a dinner splurge / Would you Spend $600 on Dinner
- A fun guide to Whisky / Max Whisky Guide
If the posts above sound interesting to you, I’d like to ask you to do 3 things:
- Read each of them to get familiarized with me (Max). Bookmark my site, I know you’re busy.
- Sign up for the private newsletter to stay informed of the latest posts. I don’t spam…ever! Also make sure to confirm your subscription (check your e-mail), otherwise it won’t stick.
- Leave your thoughts and comments behind, even on older posts. I love interacting with readers!
I post every Tuesday, and some Fridays. If you sign up for my e-mails you won’t need to remember that 😉
About the Site
Merriam-Webster dictionary defines Freedom as:
” the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action “
At its core, freedom is the ability to make your own choices.
The biggest enabler or inhibitor of freedom is Money.
Money continues to be the primary tool of modern civilization. In many ways, our entire life revolves around the acquisition, retention and disposition of this precious widget. Money controls everything from the type of education you get, the neighborhood you can live in, the possessions you have (or don’t), and more generally the type of life you get to experience.
This is where freedom comes in…
The Max Your Freedom philosophy values time over money. The ability to determine how that time is spent, is the ultimate definition of freedom. Money is not the end goal, genuine freedom is. I seek to maximize the number of Freedom Years I get to spend.
I believe everyone should prioritize their freedom and optimize the quality of their time. I hope that this site serves as a resource during your own journey to freedom and financial independence.
About the Author
You can call me Max…
I’m a Gen-X executive planning to retire by the age of 45. Although I’m already financially independent, I haven’t yet reached true financial freedom. Join me on my journey as we discuss everything from personal finance to travel and beyond.
I started this blog for a few reasons:
- To connect with the financial independence / retire early (FIRE) community
- To hold myself accountable for maximizing my own freedom
- To learn about blogging by doing it first-hand
- To document a personal finance philosophy that can some day be shared with my daughter
- To ultimately inspire others to maximize their own freedom
You can read my blog to follow my journey thus far