Today I’ll be sharing some more details on my background with readers. A couple of months ago, fellow blogger extraordinaire ESI Money reached out to me, to see if I would be interested in participating in one of his Millionaires Series of interviews.
I had just recently launched my blog, and didn’t have any specific details on my financial situation posted yet. My post on my Net Worth Journey was still in the works, and the interview was a good opportunity for me to overcome some of the anxiety I had at the time with being more transparent.
Since one of my goals with this blog is to engage openly with the personal finance community, I threw caution and anxiety to the wind, and went all-in with the interview!
Here’s a preview of the probing questions ESI Money threw at me, and other interviewees in his series. I’m glad this was done via e-mail, I’m not sure I could handle a face-to-face. Although from reading his blog, he seems to be a really awesome dude!
- How old are you (and spouse if applicable, plus how long you’ve been married)?
- Do you have kids/family (if so, how old are they)?
- What area of the country do you live in (and urban or rural)?
- What is your current net worth?
- What are the main assets that make up your net worth (stocks, real estate, business, home, retirement accounts, etc.) and any debt that offsets part of these?
- What is your job (type of work and level)?
- What is your annual income?
- How did you grow your income so high (if over $100k per year)?
- What is your main source of income (be as specific as possible — job, investments, inheritance, etc.)?
- What is your annual spending and what are the main expenses you have?
- How did you accumulate your net worth? (Did you make a lot of money, invest well, inherit it, or what? Please provide specifics and details so readers can know exactly what you did and be able to apply the same principles themselves). Also, please share any mistakes you’ve made along the way that others can learn from.
- What have you learned in the process of becoming wealthy that others can learn from (what can others apply to become wealthy themselves)?
- What are you currently doing to maintain/grow your net worth?
- Do you have a target net worth you are trying to attain?
- What are your plans for the future regarding lifestyle (for instance, will your net worth allow you to retire early, downsize jobs, etc.)?
- Is there any advice you have for ESI Money readers regarding wealth accumulation?
Are you an ESI Money reader? Are you new to this blog? Start at the ‘About’ page for a quick orientation, and thanks for stopping by!
Readers, what did you think of the interview? Any surprises or big revelations? How would you feel going through a similar exercise? Share your comments below!